This easy chicken salad recipe is made with scallions, cilantro with a hint of lime. It’s a tasty twist on traditional chicken salad with some Latin flavor!
- 7 oz cooked chicken breast, shredded or diced
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise, full fat for Keto
- 1 small scallion, chopped
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon chile powder
- low sodium chicken broth, check labels for Keto or use bullion
- Combine cooked chicken, mayonnaise, scallions, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chile powder.
- Add a little chicken broth if chicken seams too dry, 1 tbsp at a time.
How to Poach Chicken Breast:
- Cover chicken breast in broth in a small pot, add water if it doesn’t cover the chicken.
- Add salt and pepper, a piece of celery and it’s leaves (you could add herbs like parsley, garlic, onion, or whatever you want) and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover tight and let it sit for 15-20 minutes or until thickest part of the breast registers 160 degrees.
- Chicken will be cooked through. Let it cool and cut into small cubes.
Serving: 1/2, Calories: 160.5kcal, Carbohydrates: 3g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Cholesterol: 61.5mg, Sodium: 151.5mg, Fiber: 0.5g, Sugar: 1g Blue Smart Points:1 Green Smart Points:3 Purple Smart Points:1 Points +:4